Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

This was Joe's first Easter, and our first Easter as a family of four. The weekend itself was very busy, so I am thankful I had time before the weekend to reflect on the "meaning of the season". I am thankful for Jesus's work on the cross and His resurrection, which opened the door to eternal life for those who put their trust in Him. When I think how he lived a sinless life, and then he suffered and died for us, I am amazed at his love for a sinner like me.

Romans 5:6-8

6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.


Like I said it was a full weekend. And with hardly any naps, plus us the kids and I fighting a light cold, it made for a late start to Monday. :) They slept past 8! That's a record for us!

Here are some pics from the weekend, plus a few bonus pictures!

This picture is actually froma couple of weeks ago at my parent's house. This is Lydia's Easter bonnet on Joe. (Lydia put it on his head!) He seemed to like it and this picture was too funny to not post.


Decorating Easter Eggs with our friend Leeann. Leeann is very creative and fun!





Joe enjoying the train at our friend, Kalli's birthday party.

The kids hanging out in the church basement before Easter breakfast. I tried to get a nice one of them sitting next to the plant together, but as you can see it didn't happen!





This picture is from today. Lydia got a flower headband from her Grandma Sandy and was enjoying wearing it around the house.

No comments: