Wednesday, May 7, 2008

OVERDUE BABY?

So tomorrow is my official due date. I'm assuming I will go past it. All along, I wishfully thought I would go early, but I guess I'll just fall into the majority of most first time moms, who go past their due date.

We had another ultrasound and doctor appt today. In light of our last ultrasound which was more than 2 weeks ago, we thought the baby would be measuring 9 1/2 pounds! At our last one she measured 8 1/2 pounds, so that is why. HOWEVER, today, she only measured 8 lb. 5 oz. Craziness! I am relieved, but know these things are not completely accurate. They said I have a lot of fluid, which is why I look so big. The doctor thinks the baby's weight has plateaued for now.

The plan is, if the baby hasn't arrived by Monday, to have another doc appt on Monday, and then schedule an induction for next week. I am quite alright with this. I'm hoping the ultrasound today was accurate! We will find out very soon!

Hopefully my next post will be a good one, announcing the birth of our little girl and posting some pics.

No comments: