Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New year, new house, new goals

Okay, so the new goals have nothing to do with the new house, but I thought the title would be catchy. :)

Looking at the date of my last post, it was right before we found out we would be moving.  October, November, and December, though exciting, were a bit of whirlwind.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the holidays, but this year, I was relieved to turn the page on the calendar and start afresh. 2012 was a great year for us, but very busy (and a little stressful).  We moved the beginning of December and are enjoying our new place.  It's a little sad it's so cold outside and that we've only met a few neighbors, but we are getting settled.  It won't be long before spring is here and I will be plunging into learning how to garden with my VERY green thumb.  I'm a little nervous about that, but excited too.

We had a December full of celebrations, mostly Christmas related.  Marc and I also celebrated 7 years (what?!) of marriage.  We did not do anything major this year, but did enjoy a very nice dinner at Stoney River.  I really cannot believe 7 years has gone by.  Thankfully I can say it's been a good 7 years, and that I am confident the next 7 years should only get better.    I also can not believe our kids are going on 3 and 5 (another "what?!").

Here are some pics:

 This is from our last night at 603 Barberry.  Lydia was in charge of the class squirrel "Nutsy" that week too.  Nutsy got to stay with us during a very exciting time.  Here are Lydia and Nutsy sitting in an empty box in our old living room.

Christmas Eve breakfast shots

And the kids were getting a little goofy New Years Eve (ummm.... sugar high maybe?)


 Realizing how fast time is going by , I set some more strenuous goals this year - nothing in itself crazy, just the amount.  I am sure I won't reach them all, but I'm hoping that by reaching for the stars, I'll at least get the moon. :)  I didn't go into 2012 with any goals and I want 2013 to be different.  I desire to go deeper in my walk with the Lord, with my friends and family, be healthier, and more productive with my time(nothing crazy!).  We'll see how it goes!


No comments: